In 1427 three immigrant shepherd families, Eseogulları, Efendiogulları and Köseogulları came to Kirazlı region and established their camps on these fruitful and green lands.
At those times,while establishing the village lots of water pipes and cubes were found.
So the village village was called KÜPLÜCE , Later on, because of its fruitfulness, the name was changed to AKÇAOVA.
There are almost every kind of trees on the plain such as cherry, sour-cherry, plum, apricot, grapes, fig, olive, nuts, pomegranate, quince, walnut and pine.
Also agricultural products such as tobacco, sesame, corn, chickpeas and beans are grown.
The good produce of sour cherry and cherry and giving the importance to these fruits, caused the name of the village.
So, once more the village was renamed as KIRAZLI.
Parallel to agriculture, stock breeding was developed; animals increased such as cow, sheep, goat, etc.
Suitable to name "KIRAZLI (CHERRY LAND) Cherry Festivals began to be held from 1975; during these festivals beauty contests were organized, and cherry production was inspired.
Recently Cherry Festivals are delayed because of economical problems for now.
History of Kirazli
In Izmir, there were Italians making up about 5000-6000 people.
The allied nations showed Izmir under Italian territory at St.Jean de Maurienne Conferance in 1917.
There was a police station beside the house of Muhtar Hüseyin Uluçay.
This police station was used as a station by Roums previously.
Between 1914-1917, Greeks lived here but they had to leave on September 07th, 1922.
In 1917, Italians were serving as horsemen-patrols; on the other hand native Roums, Italians and Greeks were going to the Monastery for prayers which was at Degirmendere region, where the water sources of today's Kusadasi area.
In 1922, with the beginning of independence movements, Italians and Greeks began to escape through Çamlık.
While escaping, they were taking some of the inhabitants of Kirazlı Village with them, and killing who refused.
At last, due to the entrance of Turkish cavalry men to the city without an important opposition in September, 7th 1922, the Turkish Flag began to be waved over.
The Roum police station became Turkish station from then on.
At the same time, the victorious commander of Turkish army, Gazi Mustafa Kemal Pasa arrived in Izmir with the other Turkish commanders, Fevzi Pasa, Ismet Pasa and Nurettin Pasa.
During these years, there were 50 or 60 houses in Kirazlı; and the population was about 300.
The Mosque of Kirazlı Village was restored in 1954, and today is still in use.
It is supposed that it is 100 years old. Degirmendere region is pretty rich for underground water resources.
District of Kusadası gets a very important part of its water from this region.
Kırk Ayak (Forty Foot) Stairs which are at Asar Altı region are at Yayla Köyü side and keep the main walls of 1st or 2nd century Roman period observation castle.
Kirazlı, which is the region of tombs, and caves, has the true pride of tourism for belief tourism, cave tourism, hunting tourism, horse-back riding and tracking tourism to native and foreign tourists.