The old village of Doganbey, was named as Domatia and populated by the Greeks until the population exchange of 1924.
After that the village was inhabited by Turks and abandoned some time later.
The village, therefore, is like an open air museum, demonstrating the most beautiful examples of Turkish and Greek architecture carrying the traces of the past civilizations.
The village comprises some original buildings, one of which is the Information and the Visitor Center, in addition to a chapel and a church.
The Information and Visitor Center, which was a school when the village was inhabited by the Greeks, was left in ruins after the population exchange.
The building was restored in 2001 and converted into the Information and Visitor Center.
The building comprises a museum room, and exhibition hall for educational and cultural activities, library, a computer room for the needs and information purposes of the visitors, education room; aimed at the education of the young generations through workshops, which also enables the visitors for bird watching with telescope, slide room for the visitors, meeting room, information center, administrative center and a cafeteria.